Rising from an exciting night with David Bowie as part of my NightWorld. The final dream, before rising, was of eating WillyFred while among a company of diners of my acquaintance, possibly a Crafty Team. Bun was on a platter, and alive, and in no seeming discomfort that I was eating him from tail forwards as part of my meal.
On rising at 06.45, WillyFred hurtled down the side of the bed, full of the joys of life. Joy, as the natural and proper state of being alive, I learnt from this wonderful little creature.
Rising to a grey day and morning reading.
09.48 To a Crafty…
UMG began 37,000 years ago, if JGB's calculations are correct!...
systematics is entirely practical, but to get to that through the head is impossible.
09.56 The camera team for Love & Marriage has arrived for today’s work…
16.39 … and stayed for just over five hours. The hardest part for me was practising guitar in the Cellar while being filmed. Mistakes were made. As they always are, when viddying is engaged.
WillyFred was the star of the day I…
We are part of the third programme on Love & Marriage, to be broadcast (we are informed) BBC TV4 on 26th. September. Apparently, we represent 1980s Marriage.
Into e-fury mode. From Declan Panegyric to iTunes…
It's difficult for me, not knowing Apple's internal systems very well & there being no reason why I should, to predict how the company allocated or identified the material in question.
This is what I know:
1) Sanctuary/UMG, part of the world's largest record company, offered material for sale via iTunes, the world's largest music retailer.
2) Sanctuary/UMG, when alerted to this fact, effected the takedown required in the USA only - for reasons never fully explained.
3) The material remained available, even after further complaints to Sanctuary/UMG, until such time as I contacted iTunes directly & demanded a full & complete takedown.
4) Since then, Sanctuary/UMG, despite many efforts by myself, copyright owner Robert Fripp & others, have been unable (or unwilling?) to define precisely how much the world's biggest music retailer sold on behalf of the world's biggest record company of material in which neither company had any rights, material that is copyrighted to the founder member of the band in question, material in which my company is the legitimate licensee.
5) Now, it appears that the world's biggest music retailer is also having difficulty identifying the sales of such material made on behalf of the world's biggest record company.
Naturally, I encourage you to keep searching. I would also like you to search for the King Crimson material uploaded by Island/UMG (two tracks Catfood & Groon) again without permission & for which Island/UMG has been unable to supply any further information - other than acceptance that such sales occurred.
I also recognise that my company is a small operator compared to giants like iTunes & UMG, though I hope such smallness of operation does not prevent the company from representing or curating the music as professionally as as any of the bigger players.
However, the amount of time that is being devoted to these matters risks compromising the representation of the music itself…
19.26 A MinxWalk around the town…
… and shopping. A little attention to the Minx’s computer technology.
Now dribbling. Five hours with cameras is almost as hard as it gets for me.
Search Robert Fripp's diary archive.