|A Winner Writes...
|:: Posted by Sid Smith on Sun., Apr 15, 2012
Rick Mascarini was the winner of our recent Pat Mastelotto Recidivate competition and here he is with his prize...
Rick writes "I arrived home yesterday (Friday 13th of April) from another long business excursion to find my "prize" having arrived while I was on the road. The picture was taken w/ my now trusty iPad 2 along with the P@ music playing from the same said device. Wonderful that I can travel and have these gems playing on headphones while sitting in airplanes. Thanks again for the contests and I'm very proud to be a lucky winner!"
Displaying 5051 items (Viewing 361 to 370 of 5051)
Kate Bush Joins King Crimson
:: Posted by Sid Smith on Tue., Aug 19, 2014
Kate Bush joins King Crimson in hoping that audiences attending their forthcoming gigs actually put aside their iphones et al and actually share the experience together.
On her website she writes
Many thanks to everyone who sent such lovely wishes for my birthday. I had a wonderful day.
We're all very excited about the upcoming shows and are working very hard in preparation. It's going very well indeed.
I have a request for all of you who are coming to the shows :
We have purposefully chosen an intimate theatre setting rather than a large venue or stadium. It would mean a great deal to me if you would please refrain from taking photos or filming during the shows. I very much want to have contact with you as an audience, not with iphones, ipads or cameras. I know it's a lot to ask but it would allow us to all share in the experience together.
Looking forward to seeing you there."
Here's hoping! Check out the original page here.
Sum Of A Gunn
:: Posted by Sid Smith on Mon., Aug 18, 2014
Last week we reported the news that Trey Gunn had launched a crowd-funding project to garner support for a book of transcriptions and tablature. Just five days later, his project has attracted 55% funding. However, he still needs more support to reach his target. Check out Trey's latest update here.
Cross & Jackson
:: Posted by Sid Smith on Mon., Aug 18, 2014
David Cross mentioned his new collaboration with ex-VdGG sax player, David Jackson via his twitter feed yesterday.
Searching for the right chord - reharmonising one of Mick's bass lines at Holly Lodge with David Jackson this week.
Follow David on Twitter @DavidCrossMusic
Round The Camp Fire
:: Posted by Sid Smith on Sun., Aug 17, 2014
Tony Levin has updated his website with a gallery dedicated to the Three Of A Perfect Pair music camp with Adrian Belew, Pat Mastelotto and other members of Crimson ProjeKCt. Check out the pics here.
VIP Packages Available
:: Posted by Sid Smith on Sat., Aug 16, 2014
The people of SLO VIP Services inform us that for those looking for VIP bundles for the forthcoming tour packages are still available. Check out the website for details.
Starless Box Set Pre-Order Details
:: Posted by Sid Smith on Thu., Aug 14, 2014
Following in the steps of The Road To Red, the next multi-disc King Crimson box set is now available for pre-order.
Pre-order for October 13th release via
Inner Knot: US
orBurning Shed : UK & Europe
Limited to a single pressing run, Starless offers an in-depth overview of King Crimson's celebrated mid-1970's live line-up at its most exploratory.
Few bands have offered as much variety in material from night to night, and King Crimson's propensity for improvisation and fondness for playing its newest material - often unreleased on record at the time of performance - is legendary.
Autumn 1973: As King Crimson's second lengthy US tour of that year was coming to a close, a short series of UK concerts for the end of October, followed by a more extensive European tour in November was already planned. Three of these concerts Glasgow, Zurich and Amsterdam were recorded as full multi-track recordings, with material from the Amsterdam show being used as core material for the January 1974 recording of Starless And Bible Black.
From mid-March to the start of April, the band was on the road in Europe again, promoting the album with their final European concerts of the decade, prior to undertaking a further US tour. A number of these concerts were recorded on stereo reel to reel machines, fed directly from the signal as sent to the PA system on the night of the performance. These soundboards are often referred to as The Blue Tapes, named after the outer colour of the original tape boxes and are especially valued for both the quality of recording and performance.
Starless offers 18 CDs of live concert performances - 7 of them mixed from the 1973 multi-track tapes. A further 11 present the complete run of The Blue Tapes for the first time.
CDs of the ORTF Paris TV performance and the 2011 stereo mix of Starless And Bible Black also feature. Two DVD-A discs and two Blu-Ray discs contain concert and studio recordings in stereo, quadraphonic and full 5.1 surround sound - all in high-resolution audio.
Starless is presented in a 12" box with a comprehensive booklet featuring sleeve notes and photos aplenty, memorabilia, album and poster prints, and 3 bonus audio CDs.
Pre-order for October 13th release.
*19 CDs of live performance material.
* 7 CDs taken from multi-track tape including 4CDs of material from the Glasgow and Zurich shows, freshly assembled and mastered in Hi-Res from the original Great Deceiver mixes by David Singleton at DGM Soundworld in 2014, the Amsterdam show The Nightwatch mixed by Steven Wilson and a previously unheard preparatory of material from the same show prepared by George Chkiantz (engineer of all live KC shows of the era and the Red album).
* 11 CDs drawn from high quality stereo reel to reel soundboard tapes. 8 making their first appearance on CD with the remaining three re-mastered or drawn from new tape sources.
* 1 CD presenting the performance from the ORTF Paris TV broadcast
* CD 20 features the 2011 stereo mix of Starless And Bible Black by Steven Wilson and Robert Fripp
* DVD-A 1 features the Starless & Bible Black album in 5.1 Surround, with new & original stereo album mixes in High Resolution Stereo plus bonus audio material.
* DVD-A 2 features material from Mainz (mixed by David Singleton), Amsterdam (mixed by Steven Wilson) & a later show from Pittsburgh (mixed by George Chkiantz) in quadraphonic audio and High-Resolution Stereo.
* Both DVD-A discs are region 0 playable in all areas & compatible with all DVD players and DVD Rom players
* Blu-Ray Disc 1 features full lossless audio 24/192 transfers of material from the Glasgow and Zurich shows, freshly assembled & mastered from the original Great Deceiver mixes by David Singleton at DGM Soundworld in 2014 in LPCM stereo.
* Blu-Ray Disc 1 also features the Amsterdam show The Nightwatch, mixed by Steven Wilson and the George Chkiantz preparatory mix stereo in 24/96 High-resolution stereo & a 24/96 transfer of the original David Singleton/Robert Fripp mix of The Nightwatch.
* Blu-Ray Disc 2 features Starless & Bible Black in 5.1 Surround (DTS-HD MAS & LPCM 24/96) alongside new and original stereo masters of the album, a needledrop of an original vinyl pressing plus audio extras.
* Blu-Ray Disc 2 also features the Quad mixes of material from the Mainz, Amsterdam & Pittsburgh concerts.
* Blu-Ray Disc 2 also features the ORTF Paris TV footage in a new hi-res transfer from the original source files.
* Discs packaged in 8 individual 3 disc digipaks within an album sized box
* 3 additional bonus CDs of audio restored soundboard/bootlegs and audio curios are also included.
* 1 further concert (bootleg quality audio) is also available via included download ticket.
* Album sized booklet with rare/unseen photos, new sleeve notes by Sid Smith, technical notes on the recordings by David Singleton, eye-witness accounts from fans who attended the gigs plus memorabilia including an album print, poster, replica concert ticket, press release with folder, photos and more besides.
* Limited to a single pressing run.
Trey Gunn Bought To Book
:: Posted by Sid Smith on Wed., Aug 13, 2014
Trey Gunn is hoping to release a book of music scores with tablature via the crowd-funding website Indiegogo. Check out the plans for the book (not to mention the way-cool video) and see how you can get involved and support this venture by clicking here.
In The Court Of The Crimson Tim
:: Posted by Sid Smith on Wed., Aug 13, 2014
Self-confessed KC fan, Tim Bowness of No-Man and Henry Fool fame, writes about his liking of the band right here.
Levin Plays Jazz
:: Posted by Sid Smith on Tue., Aug 12, 2014
Somewhere in his perpetually busy schedule, Tony Levin found time to record a jazz album with his keyboard playing brother, Pete. The duo's album features original tunes along side a cover of King Crimson's Matte Kudasai. More about the album, including samples and pre-ordering can be found here. Nice!
<< Previous 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 Next >>