|Larks' Tongues In Aspic Boxset
|:: Posted by Sid Smith on Mon., Aug 13, 2012
The long-awaited 40th anniversary edition of the legendary Larks’ Tongues In Aspic quintet will be released on October 15th.
One of the key recordings in the King Crimson canon, and the only formal studio recording by the LTIA quintet, the 40th Anniversary Edition will be released in three separate editions to satisfy the merely curious and the expectant collector.
1. CD/DVD-A: CD: New stereo mix + selected audio extras – all new content.
DVD-A featuring 5.1 new surround mix, original & new stereo mixes in hi-res stereo, a full album of alt mixes by Steven Wilson & more than 30 minutes of unseen footage of the band live in the studio.
2. Limited edition Boxed Set:13CDs, 1DVD-A, 1Blu-Ray in 12” box with booklet & memorabilia. DVD-A content as above, Blu-Ray content as per DVD-A with further hi-res stereo material – all presented in DTS Master audio, 4CDs of studio content including CD of session reels featuring the first recorded takes of all pieces on the album, 1CD live in the studio, 8CDs of live audio restored bootlegs & soundboard recordings + 36 page booklet with an extensive new interview with Robert Fripp, notes by King Crimson biographer Sid Smith, album sleeve print, concert ticket replica (with code for further concert download) & band photo postcards – limited to initial orders, one pressing only to a worldwide maximum limit of 7,000 units.
3. 2CD: Complete original & new mixes with selected audio extras.
Whilst the clip of the quintet performing LTIA pt1 during the Bremen Beat Club recording has been available on the internet for several years in varying degrees of quality, there has been some fevered speculation as to whether the full concert would ever see the light of day.
Though it's been a long time coming, the full video of David Cross, Robert Fripp, John Wetton, Bill Bruford and Jamie Muir will now be seen in full. We hope all Crimheads agree that the waiting to get this in the best possible quality will have been worth while.
Pre-ordering details will appear soon.
Displaying 4368 items (Viewing 51 to 60 of 4368)
KC 84 Online
:: Posted by Sid Smith on Mon., Nov 4, 2013
There's a recently exhumed KC gig from the final tour of 1984 now available for download...
You can download the full gig here.
The Guitar Circle Contents Revealed
:: Posted by Sid Smith on Sun., Nov 3, 2013
Writing in his latest diary update Robert Fripp reveals the table of contents so far for his book The Guitar Circle. Check out the diary entry here.
Bill's Close To The Edge Again
:: Posted by Sid Smith on Fri., Nov 1, 2013
Bill Bruford’s final album with Yes before he joined King Crimson, Close To The Edge, is reissued in two brand new editions this month.
This seminal prog rock classic has been remixed by Steven Wilson and the release, (available in both CD/ DVD-A / and CD/Blu-ray) has been overseen by Panegyric, the same label responsible for the King Crimson 40th Anniversary Editions. You can take a look at the Blu-ray edition over on the blog.
Thus sayeth the blurb...
Close To The Edge is the first in a series of remixed and expanded Yes albums.
Presented in a mini vinyl replica gatefold card sleeve (with protective inner sleeves) with booklet featuring new sleeve notes by Sid Smith, along with rare photos and archive material, the album has been mixed for 5.1 Surround Sound from the original studio masters by Steven Wilson and is fully approved by Yes.
The CD features a new stereo album mix by Steven Wilson, a new mix of America and an early mix of Close to the Edge.
Contains original artwork by Roger Dean who has overseen the artwork for this new edition.
The blu-ray features:
- 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio Surround (24bit/96khz) mixed from the original multi-channel recordings.
- the new stereo album mix in DTS-HD Master Audio (24bit/96khz).
- the original album mix and America in a DTS-HD Master Audio flat transfers from the original master tape source. (24bit/192khz)
- exclusive instrumental versions of all new mixes in DTS-HD Master Audio stereo (24bit/96khz).
- exclusive needle-drop of an original UK vinyl A1/B1 pressing transferred in 24bit/96khz audio.
- numerous audio extras appear in high-resolution stereo including single edits & studio run-throughs of album tracks
The ultimate way to enjoy one of the greatest albums ever made.
Pre-order for November 11th release.
You can the Blu-ray edition here and the CD/DVD-A version here.
Seasonal Spooky Schizoid
:: Posted by Sid Smith on Thu., Oct 31, 2013
Yes, it's that time of year again, folks...
originally sent into DGMLive by THRAKKKKin 2010.
<< Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next >>